The Musical Association «The Village of the Music»
17th International Lyric Competition «Ottavio ZIINO» ROME 2018
Rome, from 6th to 8th November 2018
Enrollment by 20th August
International Opera Competition Ottavio ZIINO: A launching trampoline
In Rome for 17 years the Association of Music Village organizes the Ottavio Ziino International Opera Competition, dedicated to the illustrious maestro sicilian conductor and composer, sensitive to young musicians.
The organization of the Competition for the 17th edition is proud to facilitate singers from a logistical and economic point of view with the possibility of carrying out the elimination stages as well as in Rome also in 4 other major European cities such as Essen in Germany, Paris in France, Madrid in Spain and Vienna in Austria.
• Aalto Theater in ESSEN (Germany) September 7, 2018
• Cortot Hall in PARIS (France) September 9, 2018
• Teatro Real in MADRID (Spain) September 15, 2018
• Conservatory of Music Santa Cecilia ROME (Italy) on 28th and 29th September,2018
• Theater Staatsoper in VIENNA (Austria) on October 5, 2018
SEMIFINAL:6th-7th NOVEMBER IN ROME «TORLONIA» THEATRE
FINAL: 8th NOVEMBER — GALA CONCERT OF FINALISTS — «TORLONIA» THEATRE Via L.Spallanzani,1 ROME
The Ottavio Ziino International Singing Competition offers the opportunity to young opera singers to propose themselves to the presence of a competent and selected jury that allows them international visibility.
We remember among the winners Jessica Pratt, Marina Rebeka, Luciano Ganci, Angela Nisi, Claudio Sgura, Simone Piazzola, Sandra Pastrana, Jurgita Adamonyte, Veronica Simeoni, Lance Ryan, Antonio Poli, Sofia Soloviy, Anna Pennisi, Min Ji Kim, Damiana Mizzi, Laura Verrecchia, Giuliana Gianfaldoni, Adriana Ferfecka, and many others who are riding the most important theaters in the world, from the Metropolitan in New York to the Teatro alla Scala in Milan, to Teatro San Carlo, to Theater of Dubai, Madrid, Vienna, etc. etc.
This year the prestigious jury will be presided by the famous peruvian tenor M ° Ernesto PALACIO, on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the death of Gioachino Rossini, and composed of Artistic Directors of the following International Theaters:
Ernesto PALACIO — Artistic Director of Rossini Opera Festival of Pesaro (Italy)
• Umberto FANNI — General Manager and Artistic Director of the ROYAL OPERA HOUSE OF MUSCAT (Oman)
• Joseph FOWLER — Artistic Director of DUBAI OPERA (United Arab Emirates)
• Alessandro GALOPPINI, Direttore Artistico del Teatro Regio di TORINO (Italy)
• Joan MATABOSCH — Artistic Director of REAL THEATER in Madrid (Spain)
• Luciano MESSI — Superintendent of the MACERATA OPERA FESTIVAL SFERISTERIO (Italy)
• Dominique MEYER — Artistic Director of the STAATSOPER in Vienna (Austria)
• Hein MULDERS — Superintendent and Artistic Director of the AALTO THEATER in Essen (Germany)
• Paolo PINAMONTI — Artistic Director of SAN CARLO THEATER of Naples (Italy)
• Wally SANTARCANGELO — Artistic Director The Village of the Music and International opera competition Ottavio Ziino (Italy)
The presence of the Artistic Directors of the Dubai Opera (EAU) and the Royal Opera House in Muscat (Oman) is an absolute novelty of Middle Eastern theaters that have long been appearing in the lyrical world with great success.
From 6th to 8th November 2018 Rome will also be the capital of the Lyric, and the Ottavio Ziino Competition gives the opportunity to young lyric singers to propose and win scholarships that will allow him to continue his musical studies, prizes in work roles and concerts offered by the Jury's artistic directors.
The final in the form of Gala Concert is on November 8, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in the presence of the audience; in addition to the Prizes in scholarships and work roles, will be awarded the audience prize in the Hall, Public Prize, and the Critics Prize
To register, click here http://ilvillaggiodellamusica.it/modulo-discrizione-2018/
• 1st Prize 5.000,00 Euros, Cup «OTTAVIO ZIINO» and Diploma of Honor
• 2nd Prize 2.500,00 Euros, Plate «OTTAVIO ZIINO» and Diploma of Honor
• 3rd Prize 1.500,00 Euros, Plate «OTTAVIO ZIINO» and Diploma of Honor
• Opera roles and / or concerts at the Royal Opera House of MUSCAT (Oman) at the discretion of the Artistic Director
• Concert at the DUBAI Opera House on the occasion of EXPO 2020 at the discretion of the Artistic Director
(United Arab Emirates)
• Auditions / writings / roles / concerts at the of REGIO Theater of TURIN (Italy) at the discretion of the Artistic Director
• Auditions / writings / roles / concerts at the Teatro Real of MADRID (Spain) at the discretion of the Artistic Director
• The Ottavio Ziino International Opera Competition in agreement with Macerata Opera Festival will be able to assign scripts as cover or roles for the works in the 2019 programming in the splendid setting of the Arena Sferisterio of MACERATA (Italy) at the discretion of the Superintendent
• Auditions / writings / roles / concerts at the STAATSOPER in VIENNA (Austria) at the discretion of the Artistic Director
• Auditions / writings / roles / concerts at the AALTO Theater in ESSEN (Germany) at the discretion of the Artistic Director
• Auditions / writings / roles / concerts at the SAN CARLO Theater in NAPLES (ITALY) at the discretion of the Artistic Director
• Concerts and collaborations for productions offered by the IL Villaggio della Musica Association at the discretion of the Artistic Director
ROSSINI AWARD ( in definition)
CRITICAL AWARD: PREMIUM of € 500.00
The Critics Jury will be composed of Directors or editors of important international music magazines, music critics and professionals in the field of culture, music and entertainment that will take place in the Gala Evening Final Test on November 8th 2018
PUBLIC AWARD: PLATE offered by the «Il Villaggio della Musica» Cultural Association to the finalist singer most appreciated by the audience attending the Gala Evening Final Round on November 8th 2018.
PRESS OFFICE “IL VILLAGGIO DELLA MUSICA”
; [email protected]